Thursday, January 22, 2015


Day 21 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Ozol on Carquinez Straits | Pastel | 9x12

I delivered painting to Epperson Gallery in Crockett two days ago.  It was a lovely sunny day and, after visiting the gallery, I drove out to Port Costa where I'll be stayng overnight with my arty buddies, Suzi Long and Sterling Hoffmann after the Opening Reception of the show 'Small Works - From the Heart'.  Drove out a bit further along the road that Port Costa turns off of and revisited this pull out on a curve above a defunct industrial site just below this view.  I recalled a lovely day spent painting this and came home to revisit it as it was only 65% complete.  Took it out, pulled the photo up on my iPad and set about finishing this up.  That's Mt. Diablo in the distance.  The long pier with the ?fishing boat? at its end is an unincorporated area in Contra Costa County called Ozol.  Doubt many people know this is its name!

No comments:

Post a Comment