Friday, January 16, 2015



Day 16 - 30 paintings in 30 Days

Lost Trail Lodge Greeter | Pastel | 9x12

My Christmas present to my husband, Collin - a night together at Lost Trail Lodge this winter + cross country skis to get there.  Can't wait for him to experience this magnificent wilderness lodge that is One Man's Dream - he has built a magnificent, off-the-grid lodge with 6 rooms and a cabin.
Went there 7 years ago with best adventure friend Anna.  Requires a several mile cross country ski in (brilliant!!), bring your own food (leave it at trail head and they will ski-do it in for you along with any gear needed), then give yourself over to the experience which includes great (new) friends, snow shoes to play with, and, at least when Anna and I were there, this magnificent white Bernese Mountain Dog!  There is no better mountain experience you can have!
I lived in Switzerland as a teen (12-15) and will never forget the beauty of these special places. The single notion/dream/reality that this man has conceived/realized/created is amazing! 

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today...Day 20...and looking at your paintings I was amazed to find a cabin with lots of snowfall. You would have thought I had seen this, as I painted a cabin and snowfall on Day 17...How funny! But that's not all...I lived in Switzerland too, when I was 16-17 years old. I went to the Leysin American School. Ever heard of it?

    ReplyDelete