Thursday, January 1, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


DAY 1  - Marsh Sunset | Pastel | 6x8

Today begins the challenge to paint Thirty Paintings in 30 Days. Run by artist Leslie Saeta, 885 artists are participating in this challenge with her.  There are no set rules other than giving each of us a forum to post our paintings on and a link to our website (MartiWalker.com or blog (martiwalkerdustyfingers.blogspot.com) where all my paintings are for sale at ridiculously low prices!
I've repeatedly been told by art masters and teachers I have studied with that one of the best ways to learn and broaden your skills is to attempt to render paintings you like.  For this challenge, I am choosing to create works based on vignettes-a small section-of paintings by other artists I follow that I have been amassing in a file.  Each one will be my own take on what drew me to the work.  I'll start with a thumbnail and value sketch and then paint in pastels a small work, probably no bigger than a 6x8".  I would love to print an attribution to whomever'so painting I am channeling but have yet to discover how to individually label photos on my iPad. (If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know!)  So I apologize in advance that I can't share the muse with you! Wish me luck!
All paintings are available for sale, framed or unframed. Contact at my website MARTIWALKER.com

No comments:

Post a Comment